Monday, June 4, 2007

Nature Network

Heh... Larry Sanger, co-founder and chief organizer Wikipedia, and the founder of Citizendium, asked if someone could create a group for Citizendium on Nature Networks. I volunteered. I started poking around a bit and I found a few familiar faces: PZ Meyers (Pharyngula), Carl Zimmer (The Loom), Madhusudan Katti (Reconciliation Ecology), Razib Khan (Gene Expression) Shalini Sehkar (Scientia Natura), Cesar Sanchez (Twisted Bacteria) and Bora Zivkovic (Blog Around the Clock).

There aren't that many people on Nature Network yet... why are so many of them science bloggers? Very interesting....

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm still not sure what Nature Network is for, but it seems most useful for the traditional academic-track crowd. And I think the science bloggers are probably the most web-savvy members of that group. Also I'm pretty sure PZ blogged it a while back (which is how I found out about it) so that's probably why so many of the Scienceblogs club in particular :)

    The sudden proliferation of social network usage by science bloggers has me a bit perplexed - the SCQ's OOTSSOERAAAP is on facebook now. Like I know what to do with facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCQ's OOTSSOERAAAP stipulates that members must "not in the business of total world domination."

    Guess that rules me out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does Nature Networks have so few members?

    Because people keep forgetting to link there?

    ReplyDelete